In venture capital circles, one currently hears talk of a significant downturn in the Chinese investment and fundraising environment, a so-called "PE winter". Many domestic Chinese start-ups are finding it difficult to raise funds but what about the case of the foreign entrepreneur? Haven't foreigners always been more challenged to fund their ventures in China? So why is the trend changing, and what dynamics are in play that the tables are turning? Or is it simply a momentary phenomenon?
Come along to hear about the current state of play in the venture capital market, engage with foreign start-up entrepreneurs as they pitch their concepts to you, and ultimately discover what the foreign start-up CEO is doing to create China-business success, turning the tide of investment.
- John Artman, Editor in Chief, TechNode
- Lewis Harding, Founder & CEO, The Coffee Exchange
- Barbara Ex, Co-Founder & CEO, WhiteSpace
- Vineet Budki, CEO & Founder, Guiddoo World, Guiddoo World Travels Pte Ltd
Who shall attend
- Younger Chamber members and entrepreneurs
- Individuals looking to start a company
- Those looking to potentially invest in a PRC-based venture
- Appreciate the challenges of a foreigner starting up and continuing to grow a China-based business
- Learn about the considerations required to build a successful operation in China
- Understand the meaning of entrepreneurship in the China context
- Gain from an opportunity to network with entrepreneurs and Chamber members alike
All fapiao requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2:00 PM, May 20th with the following details:
- Guest Name
- Company Name
- Fapiao Title
- Tax Number
- Fapiao amount requested (must be the amount paid)
All requested fapiao can be picked up at the event or the CanCham office (one fapiao per person). Cost for delivery of the fapiao will be the responsibility of the recipient.