CanCham's HR Committee invites you to the Working in China: Visas and Taxes at the Fesco Adecco Office on January 20, 2021.
Foreign nationals working in the People's Republic of China can be mutually beneficial for the employee and the employing unit. The company can attract the best talents regardless of their country of origin and diversify their workforce to encourage innovation. The foreign employee can experience a new culture and have access to opportunities that might not exist in their home market.
However, as with anything international, it does not come stress free. In the constantly evolving regulatory framework of the P.R.China, there are always new questions and concerns regarding compliance. This seminar aims at answering the two most common cause of headaches for foreign employees: visa and taxes.
Firstly, visas, Ms. Vivian Hua, Senior Supervisor of the Business Immigration Department at Fesco Adecco will explore the following aspects:
1. China work authorization and regulations
2. Work authorization application process
3. Immigration compliance
4. Policy updates and trends
Secondly, Mr. Brian Blömer, Senior Associate and Head of Corporate Services at Moore, will explains individual income tax in the P.R.China:
1. Taxable income & tax calculation method
2. Expatriate allowances & employer welfare payments
3. Itemized deductions
4. The tax residence rule, and the impact of being a resident vs non-resident for deductions and taxable income
5. Annual tax return & impact of changing employer
6. Social security & housing fund, a brief explainer, and deciding whether to opt in or out for foreign nationals in Shanghai
8. Recent developments, including Greater Bay Area and optimized IIT prepayment method
9. Future outlook, including abolishment of expatriate allowances
6:30 PM - 7 PM
7 PM - 7:30 PM
7:30 PM - 8 PM
8 PM - 8:30 PM
Please send your Fapiao information, along with the event name and price of ticket to email@example.com to request e-Fapiao.